

Oshkosh, WI has an absolutely wonderful park. I guess everything was donated. The materials as well as the labor to build and maintain it. We could have spent days there just letting Brenton play. Due to it's size, you can't just sit on the bench and keep an eye on your child. If you need to keep track of him, you have to follow them around. I got tired of that way before Brenton was ready to leave.
The park also had a zoo. The animals were basic, but they did the job. Brenton really liked feeding the goat & lama's. They even had a monkey to watch, but he didn't cooperate very well. (Not much monkey watching happened.)
The park is situated on a small lake. They have a kids train ride around the lake which Brenton took with my dad and me. Then we rode the old fashioned merry-go-round, and rented a paddle boat. The merry-go-round and train both cost $1, and the paddle boat was I think $5. I thought that was extremely cheap. Our paddle boat didn't go very fast with my dad and me in it, but Brenton still seemed to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment