Things here are a little chaotic, but I think normal for a family with two children. We have two sick little boys in our home. Now I'm waiting for Kale to catch it.
This morning Alex was having a really hard time. He woke up at 5:00 and I tried EVERYTHING to get him back to sleep. After letting him cry for about an hour, I finally went and got him. About a 1/2 hour later, he fell asleep with me in the recliner and slept until 8:00.
Fast forward to late morning...Alex's nap time is usually 10:00, well, he would NOT go to sleep. I tried his swing and his crib. Finally after about 1 1/2 hours of crying, I went up to get him. It was then that I realized he'd thrown up all over his crib (including his favorite blanket). I got him up, and took him downstairs. Since Brenton was down there playing, Alex of course wouldn't let me rock him...so he stayed up playing. Finally around 1:00 PM I got him to sleep in his swing. At this time, I talked to Kale and he agreed to go to Coeur D 'Alene tonight to take Alex to the Doctor.
While Alex was sleeping, I put Brenton down for his nap. A 1/2 hour later, Brenton was telling me he was "ukky" (meaning poop.) I went and changed his diaper, and put him back to bed. (I'm not as lucky as Nikki with the potty training. He's starting, but it's still pretty hit and miss.) About 5 minutes later, he again was yelling out that he was "ukky". I tragically ignored him, thinking that he just wanted to get out of bed. Well, about 30 minutes later, I peeked in to check on him, and he had his diaper off and was laying on his bed asleep (luckily it wasn't poop, just wet). To show how poor my judgement was by this time, I woke him up and put his underwear on him instead of his diaper. (He had just pooped and peed 30 minutes earlier!) I'm sure you can guess what happened next.
Alex woke up, and I went to get him. Shortly after that, Brenton woke up SCREAMING! He had peed all over his bed, his comforter, his favorite monkey, plus his eye was bright pink, and he was yelling "ow" and grabbing his ears. So, after getting him changed and dressed, taking him upstairs, and giving him some Tylenol, I called the Doctor's office and asked if I could bring Brenton in, also. Luckily they said yes.
Alex started acting better, but Brenton kept crying and fussing until his 7:30 appointment. After we arrived at the office, and had been taken to our room, Brenton was weighed (36 pounds), and then we sat waiting for the Doctor to come in. Brenton then threw up all over me, the diaper bag, and the room. The fruit punch he'd had earlier made for some very pretty red smelly chunks!
Alex ended up being fine, he just had a cold. Brenton however has a double ear infection, plus his cold. The cold has spread to his eye, but the antibiotics we were given should take care of that, also.
So, besides having to deal with poor sick kids, we also had to spend 30 minutes in the car while going home, smelling of vomit. Not a great ending to a LONG day.
Both kids are asleep right now, so I'm going to stop going on and on, and head to bed. Wish us luck with the boys tonight! I would really appreciate some sleep.
2 comments:
those kind of days suck! hopefully brebton will feel better soon. poor kid
I feel for you! Actually, I really don't because I only have 1 to worry about! This just shows that winter is here....a season full of sick kids. Fun!
Post a Comment