The beginning of October we drove down to Utah for a visit. I was able to go with my mom down to Bountiful and spend some time with my grandma Haslem. I haven't seen her for a while. It was great to talk to her.
After I made it back up to Logan, we had family pictures taken. This is what the boys looked like after the pictures.
We took the boys to Newton's town park. They loved it. Alex especially loved playing baseball with Grandma. He actually got pretty good at hitting the ball with the bat.
We made a trip to the America West Heritage Center. It was the first time I'd been there. It was lots of fun.
The short train ride. We were able to go around a few times.
We were able to watch a cow be milked. The kids could have done it themselves if they wanted to, but Brenton was too nervous. He did enjoy watching, though. Alex wanted nothing to do with it. He actually wouldn't even stay in the barn to watch.
We walked by this duck, and she immediately huddled up her babies to protect them. Pretty cool seeing how natural it is to watch out for your kids.
They had a cool hay pirate ship. By the time we were there, there wasn't much left of the ship design, but there was still a pretty cool tunnel that the boys enjoyed walking through.
Probably the favorite part for the boys were the puppies. Not even part of the real "attractions" but they loved playing with them through the kennel.
The giant sling-shot was a huge hit. We were able to launch gourds off a small mountain into the meadow below. Somehow Brenton sustained some sort of an injury. All we could get out of him was, "I didn't let go and I went bong, bong, bong, bong! It really hurts!" Nothing was broken, and he recovered within a few minutes, so I guess it actually wasn't so bad.
Super Fun Happy Slide! The boys loved this slide. I was certainly more nervous than they were. I was quite happy just taking the pictures.
This is something Grandma found on the path inside the farm. I certainly wasn't interested in picking it up, but Grandma wanted to show it to them. Good thing brave Grandma was there. She definitely made it more fun for the boys.
Isn't Cache Valley beautiful?! This was taken at the farm.
I was able to go and visit my friend Kami. I hadn't seen her for such a long time. She'd never met Alex, and I'd never met her newest baby girl. Such a cute family. The picture below is of my two boys with her three boys. They played so well together!
I was able to go and visit my friend Kami. I hadn't seen her for such a long time. She'd never met Alex, and I'd never met her newest baby girl. Such a cute family. The picture below is of my two boys with her three boys. They played so well together!
2 comments:
This is so cool to see! It was a great trip and I enjoyed every minute!
Where are the gym pics????? Hahaha!
Sheesh, we really tuckered them out there in the family pictures... and I thought they were so relaxed, hehe. Just shows you how lucky it is we got them to cooperate I guess!
Post a Comment