Background

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know I still have a lot to post regarding updates. I will eventually get to it.

This morning I woke up at 3:00 AM. Not because I'm going black-Friday shopping, but just because I woke up. This weekend is a hard weekend for me. It will be five years since our accident. You would think by now the nightmare of it all would be gone. To be honest, I don't really ponder on it, or re-live it during the year (very much) until this weekend. Something about the anniversary of it brings it to the front of my mind.

My new goal is to change the way I think about this weekend. Instead of it being the anniversary of our horrifying car accident, it will be the anniversary of us surviving an accident, and growing stronger because of it.

Even though in my dreams I can still see all the bad VERY clearly, I'm going to try to only focus on the good. I'm hoping that doing that will bring the stuff to the front of my mind that I want to remember, and all the bad scary stuff will get buried. It's such a miracle that we all survived. Sometimes I tend to focus on the recurring suffering due to the accident, and forget about the miracles surrounding us.

Happy Thanksgiving all. Remember that God gave us everything that we have, and we are being thankful for that!

No comments: