Background

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh...to be 4!

A 8 year old girl in our ward was baptized last night. I thought it would be good to take Brenton to it. I spent part of the day trying to explain to him what a baptism is. I explained that when someone is baptized, they are baptized by immersion. This means that they are put all the way under that water. After a couple of good conversations regarding baptism, I thought he had a small understanding of what he would watch that evening.

Once we were dressed in our Sunday best, we headed to the church. Brenton asked me again where we were going. I told him to the church for the baptism. He got these HUGE eyes and said, "MOM! We can't go! I forget my goggles!"

I once again explained that you have to be eight years old to be baptized, and this wasn't his baptism. I guess I need to be more diligent when it comes to teaching my children gospel topics.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Funny! All summer Mikayla has talked about the bath and the pool as "Baptised" Tough connection to make at that age I suppose.