Background

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Blog!

http://iworkharderthanyou.blogspot.com/

I've created a new blog to help motivate me. I'm hoping others with join in as contributors. This way you can post your own workouts and we can compare notes, gain ideas, and hopefully help motivate each other.

Today was a horrible day to start my new blog. I did absolutely NOTHING today. I was going to go swimming, but the kids changed my plans when they wouldn't go to sleep for their naps.

I met with my Dr. yesterday, and I've been "grounded" from running for about six months. I was diagnosed with achilles tendonitis. I have to work on strengthening my calf muscles so my tendons won't be irritated when running. Until they're strong enough (he estimates about 6 months) I have to lay off. So, I guess it's going to be biking and swimming for now. Tomorrow I have plans to head to Coeur D Alene for a good swim workout. I guess we'll see if I actually do it. Check out my new blog to see if I did!

http://iworkharderthanyou.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Tami said...

This is a great idea! I hope others contribute as well.

Umm...I'm not usually one to offer unsoliciated advice (at least, I try not to) but I'm going to anyway. Although, maybe you already know this. Anyway, as you work on strengthening your calves don't neglect the muscles on the front of your shins. As runners, we strengthen our calves so we can run stronger and faster but often we forget about balancing the shin muscles. This can lead to shin splints. I learned this the hard way so I hope others can learn from my mistake rather than experience it for themselves.

Good luck with everything. I'm excited for you and I hope I can pick up some new tips and ideas as well. Sometimes I get bored with my own routine.

Tami said...

Okay, I totally spelled "unsolicited" wrong. Sorry. I should proof-read better before posting.

Martin Tadlock said...

Help...how do I get into the blog? I got in yesterday and today it wants some account. My email is martintadlock@hotmail.com