Background

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Steph's Retreat

No...our closet is still not done. I am hopefully going to get it painted tomorrow, and then our construction guy is going to come back and finish up the trim. (Our "construction guy" is a friend of ours, and a lot of stuff has happened that have prevented our build from going as fast as he'd like it to.) We're hoping that Monday or Tuesday evening we'll be moving our "crap" into the closet, and putting our basement back together. I cannot wait!!!!

Anyway...new subject. I know I haven't updated for a while...so there's lots to update about.

Up first, I (Steph) went on a MOPS retreat. MOPS stands for "Mothers of Preschoolers", and it's a Christian organization that I joined. I LOVE it. The group I'm in is very open to all religions. We have several different non-denominational Christians, Lutherans, me who is LDS ("Mormon"), a couple of Catholics, and even a couple of woman who really don't have any religion. The other women are absolutely wonderful. It's great to be able to talk to mothers who have some of the same daily trials that I have. It's also great to meet women (who live in my area) that care about how they raise their children. They value education and having a testimony of Christ in their lives.

I joined the planning committee for MOPS this upcoming year. I'm doing the bookkeeping and registration, so nothing new or difficult for me. Because I'm on the "steering team" I get to go to meetings, and of course the annual retreat. Besides planning out our year of meetings, I was able to get to know some wonderful women a lot better.

If you are an at home mom, I strongly encourage to find some kind of play-group you can join. You and your children really need that connection with other people. Especially you. (Well, at least we do.)

First picture: A view from the cabin our retreat was held at. One of the other Mom's Father in law & family actually live in the cabin. They lent it to us for the night. The family even stayed through dinner and served it to us. What wonderful and amazing people!

Second Picture: A view from the loft in the cabin. We were getting ready to start the planning meeting. Of course not everyone is in the picture. Some of the women took pictures with all of us in it. Hopefully I can get a copy of that and post it later.

No comments: