Background

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Utah Pics

Even though our Utah trip, wasn't really planned for fun (it wasn't really planned at all!), we were able to spend some wonderful time with family. The first few days we were there, we went down to Salt Lake to spend a few days with my sister's family. My parents were staying there. (They were waiting to hear from Scott on whether or not they should head back to AZ.)

We went bowling one day. They had the really cool bumper bowling that we've done before, but they also had these cool racks that the little kids could just roll their ball down. My boys loved it! Even Alex. It was a lot of fun. Alex almost lasted an entire game.
Alex and papa (my dad)



I love this picture, just because of size difference.
This is Alex with Nikki's husband Vinny. So cute!

Brenton & Grandma (my mom)

After a while, Brenton wouldn't let anyone help him.
He did a pretty good job.
As Brenton says, he is "so strong!"


We decorated cupcakes at Nikki's house. Talk about a mess.
The boys really liked it.
Brenton actually liked the decorating part,
Alex just liked the frosting.

Above: Brenton & his cousin Kiara. They played SO good together. I don't think they fought even once! When we left to go back to Logan, both of them cried. Whenever Brenton says a prayer, whether it's a blessing on food or night time, he always blesses Kiara. He really misses her.
We started out giving both of them butter knifes.
(Yeah, I know, such a smart mom, huh.)
When we took Alex's knife away, he still wasn't done with the frosting.Above: My favorite picture!

I am really glad that I got to see my parents. I miss them daily, and I really wish we lived closer. My boys miss their grandparents! I have such great parents. I'm so glad that I know I can still depend on my parents for whatever I need.

We did spend a good deal of time in Logan before coming home. I was terrible, and didn't get any pictures. (Sorry Patty & Britt!) I am so grateful for Kale's mom, and for all her help with the boys. They miss her and their Aunt Brittany.

4 comments:

Ashly said...

If you come down to Utah one more time and I don't get to see you I am going to take some drastic measures!!

Meemer said...

oh the frosting! alex is my kind of guy! cute!

Renee said...

You should have your mom pull out the picture of Scott at Alex's age when Scott was eating mashed potatoes. Looks just like the last picture you posted.

Nikki said...

cute! love the frosting pictures