Background

Friday, June 20, 2008

Basement Closet, Part 2

Well, we have finally made a decision. We'd like to thank everyone for your advice, however, we are taking none of it. We've actually found a third option that we both like. We are going to do two sets of french doors. They are going to be a standard two panel door. We have had a VERY hard time finding them. It seems that the only interior french door that people want, has glass panels in them.

I couldn't even find pictures of non-glass interior french doors online, so I posted a picture that somewhat resembles what we've ordered. The picture has six panel doors, and ours will only have two large panels on each door. Plus ours are interior doors, and will be painted white.

We are really hoping that other people will like the way we are doing this. Hopefully, this way will leave the room more as a family room, and less of a bedroom. We're also hoping that the lack of interior french doors, without glass, is not a sign that people do not like them.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on our decision. If you like the idea, feel free to let us know. If you don't, please keep it to yourself. Construction will start Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. :)

3 comments:

a.k.a. Jack said...

I wanted interior french doors for our remodel as well and have not been able to find ones without glass either. We ended up having to settle for two sets of bifold doors. I'm glad you found some. Good job, Steph! -Jenny Norton

Swainston Family said...

Thanks Jenny! I need your contact info! I'm so glad you're commenting on my blog. Email me at stephanieswainston@hotmail.com

Nikki said...

why didn't i think of that? duh. that is what our closet doors are and i love it. they look nice and you can still open it up to expose the whole closet. very good decision! - you better mark it on the calendar that i thought you had a good idea because it might not happen again for a while. ;) haha.