When you walk down our basement stairs, you walk right into a large room with no door. It could be used as a second living room/family room, or office/den. It doesn't have a closet or a door. The room itself about 13'X25' (I'm estimating on the length). We are going to build a closet in the room to improve the storage space in our home. The closet will go the entire width of the room (13 feet) and will be about 2 1/2 feet deep.
We have made all the decisions needed to start construction, except for one. We need to choose the type of closet door. Here are a couple of choices.


Personally I like the doors on the bottom, but Kale REALLY doesn't. The style really doesn't fit our home (even though we really don't have a style). Our home is pretty much a spec home. It was built very generic.
The doors on the top would be more practical, since we want to store basically everything from boxes, file cabinets, clothes, etc., in the closet. With the folding doors, we'd have easier access to all the storage space.
The hang up we have, is we know we aren't going to stay in this particular home forever. We know what we like, but we need other people's opinions. If you were going to be buying a home, which closet doors would you rather have in your "bonus" room?
If anyone has any additional ideas, we'd LOVE to hear them!
4 comments:
looks wise, i like the second. but practicality, probably the first. hmmm, i'm not much help.
good luck with the project. post some after pics!
i really like the second. however, i would go with whatever is the least expensive. as for other ideas...not much help there. haha.
I like the look of the second but I know the first allows access to more of the closet. Good luck.
If I were to buy the home, I would be much happier with the first, personally. Of course, I'm more of a traditionalist than a contemporary. Good luck with your choice.
-Jenny Norton
Post a Comment