Kelly came out and did a 5K lake swim with me. Yes...that's over 3 miles of swimming. It was fun, but we don't think we'll do it again. Since it was an official USA swim meet, there were LOTS of regulations. They even made Kelly cut off her fingernails, because they were too long!
We were the first people to get body-marked, and they wrote our numbers in the wrong spot (with permanent marker) so they had to write them again. We had our numbers down our arms, on our shoulders, and across our backs.
The water was freezing, and if we wore our wet-suits, we couldn't get a time (due to the regulations), so we swam in just our swimsuits. I figured since I was going to be swimming kind of hard, the water would feel good after a bit...I was wrong. After the first lap (we had to complete two laps) I was freezing, as well as BORED out of my mind! Way too long of doing the same thing. Maybe I should have swam harder, or changed it up a bit....
Kelly, of course, kicked my butt with a time of 1:35.05, to my time of 1:41.51. I think I have been setting my goals a little low. I was hoping to finish before the cut-off time of 2:30. I did that...plus I wasn't even last! That was MORE than I was hoping for!
We were the first people to get body-marked, and they wrote our numbers in the wrong spot (with permanent marker) so they had to write them again. We had our numbers down our arms, on our shoulders, and across our backs.
The water was freezing, and if we wore our wet-suits, we couldn't get a time (due to the regulations), so we swam in just our swimsuits. I figured since I was going to be swimming kind of hard, the water would feel good after a bit...I was wrong. After the first lap (we had to complete two laps) I was freezing, as well as BORED out of my mind! Way too long of doing the same thing. Maybe I should have swam harder, or changed it up a bit....
Kelly, of course, kicked my butt with a time of 1:35.05, to my time of 1:41.51. I think I have been setting my goals a little low. I was hoping to finish before the cut-off time of 2:30. I did that...plus I wasn't even last! That was MORE than I was hoping for!
The day we took the boat cruise, the boys REALLY wanted to swim in the lake. The beach was SUPER crowded, and I really didn't want to get back into the water the day after I'd swam over 3 miles in it...so I promised them I would bring them back to the beach after we took Kelly to the airport that next day...so the below pictures are from the beach (at 9:30 AM). Yup...it was REALLY cold!
1 comment:
You are so brave swimming in that freezing water, I am a complete wimp when it comes to anything cold I could never have done that. Awesome job surpassing your goal time! Way to go!
Post a Comment