Since my cuz pointed out that I haven't blogged about my Kryptonite challenge (I haven't blogged about anything recently!) I thought I'd share my experience.
It ended up being a real challenge for me. I knew it would be. Day 2 was by far the hardest day. After that, it was down hill...just a waiting game until I could have my wonderful sweets, again.
I did make it. I did have a couple of Dr. Peppers during the month, which have caused some controversy regarding if it should be considered a sweet or not. I say now, since it's not a dessert, and I didn't include it as part of my challenge since I no longer crave them...I was just really thirsty then, with no water available, and the Dr. Pepper was. (I'm not kidding....seriously.) Kale thinks that the Dr. Pepper should be considered a sweet.
Other than that, I made it the entire month, without eating candy, ice-cream, or any kind of dessert. I did have numerous dreams that I was failing at my challenge. (I wonder what a dream interpreter would have to say about that.)
As for did I feel better, more energy...not really. I know, kind of disappointing. I didn't even loose weight because when a craving would hit, I'd just eat something else...probably equally bad for me, just a salty treat, instead of a sweet.
The plus side is, now that I can have sweets, I'm not craving them. I don't know why...but that's how it is. So far, I've had a bag of caramel popcorn, a couple of Girl Scout cookies, and some sherbet. I felt pretty sick after eating the caramel popcorn, so I think I've overcome that bad habit. (I was totally addicted to it!)
All in all, I'm glad I did it, I'm glad it's over, and now I can say, "I went a month without any sweets!" I'm sure I will never do it again...so I'm going to brag while I can!
It ended up being a real challenge for me. I knew it would be. Day 2 was by far the hardest day. After that, it was down hill...just a waiting game until I could have my wonderful sweets, again.
I did make it. I did have a couple of Dr. Peppers during the month, which have caused some controversy regarding if it should be considered a sweet or not. I say now, since it's not a dessert, and I didn't include it as part of my challenge since I no longer crave them...I was just really thirsty then, with no water available, and the Dr. Pepper was. (I'm not kidding....seriously.) Kale thinks that the Dr. Pepper should be considered a sweet.
Other than that, I made it the entire month, without eating candy, ice-cream, or any kind of dessert. I did have numerous dreams that I was failing at my challenge. (I wonder what a dream interpreter would have to say about that.)
As for did I feel better, more energy...not really. I know, kind of disappointing. I didn't even loose weight because when a craving would hit, I'd just eat something else...probably equally bad for me, just a salty treat, instead of a sweet.
The plus side is, now that I can have sweets, I'm not craving them. I don't know why...but that's how it is. So far, I've had a bag of caramel popcorn, a couple of Girl Scout cookies, and some sherbet. I felt pretty sick after eating the caramel popcorn, so I think I've overcome that bad habit. (I was totally addicted to it!)
All in all, I'm glad I did it, I'm glad it's over, and now I can say, "I went a month without any sweets!" I'm sure I will never do it again...so I'm going to brag while I can!
4 comments:
Way to go! I am not sure I am up for that challenge yet.
Dr. Pepper totally is my thing. I could go without the rest, but I'm completely addicted to it. I always kick the habit (as much for my teeth as anything) and won't have had a Dr. Pepper in like 6 months, and then I'll for some reason have 'just one'... and then it starts this downward cycle. I've decided that Dr. Pepper is seriously my own personal herroine... there's no such thing as just a little, I must go cold turkey, and then, gulp, NEVER have a Dr. Pepper ever again.
Awesome job! I'm not sure if I could do it. But if I could come out of it saying that I didn't crave sweets anymore I would give it a go.
that is awesome. you did great!
Post a Comment