In Belize, we did the snorkeling shore excursion. When we first got in the water, we encountered 100's of jellyfish. I couldn't believe that they would let us swim in water with jellyfish! I jerked my head out of the water, and in a panicked voice yelled, "there are thousands of jellyfish in this water!"
The local tourists, in their accented voices, started yelling, "they okay jelly-fish, they no sting!" Apparently, as I looked around, I wasn't the only tourist panicking. About 20 out of the 30 or so of us, had our heads out of the water in a panic.
Once we realized they didn't sting, it was amazing! We could touch them, and it seemed they would light up a little. They were all over! You couldn't move without hitting lots and lots of them.
The local tourists, in their accented voices, started yelling, "they okay jelly-fish, they no sting!" Apparently, as I looked around, I wasn't the only tourist panicking. About 20 out of the 30 or so of us, had our heads out of the water in a panic.
Once we realized they didn't sting, it was amazing! We could touch them, and it seemed they would light up a little. They were all over! You couldn't move without hitting lots and lots of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment