Background

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The days go by...

Time seems to be moving very quickly. I was always told that the childhood of your children flies by. I guess everyone was right.

Brenton has definitely hit his terrible twos. He throws fits constantly, and it seems like he's in time out for about 1/2 the day. We have started taking him to daycare about 1 1/2 days per week. It's actually one of the women I work with in Primary that is doing it. She has two little girls for Brenton to play with. One is three, and one is about 20 months. Plus, Kale's boss has started taking her daughter there, so that's another girl around Brenton's age. Brenton absolutely LOVES going "to play". He shouts "YEAH!" when we pull up to their house. His speech has started to really take off, also. (His speech therapist told us daycare could help with that.) So, besides the fact that he is now playing with Polly Pocket dolls with three little girls two days a week, we are thrilled with the change. It gives me a chance to get some work done at home. (I haven't really been able to work at home since Alex was born.) My boss is really liking the extra work I've been able to do.

The pictures I've posted are a couple of recent ones. The before & after pics of Alex are from him eating these Gerber biscuit biters. He absolutely loves them, but as you can see, they make quite a mess, so he unfortunately doesn't get them nearly as much as he'd like.

The picture of Alex hunched over in his crib is how he finally fell asleep last night. We've been trying really hard to just let him cry himself to sleep, however, last night is the first time he actually did. When I went in to check on him, this is how I found him. He was obviously sitting up, and eventually fell over from exhaustion and went to sleep. It was pretty cute.

The picture of Brenton in the kitchen, is from a tradition we're starting. Every Sunday, we make cookies as a family, and then take them to someone. Once the boys are old enough to choose, they'll get to pick who we take the cookies to. So far, this has been really fun. Brenton absolutely loves pouring the ingredients in the bowl as we mix them.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Very cute!! I get to see them soon! Yahoo!!!