The end of May, we flew to CA with the boys. My roommate from college, Kelly Davis, met us there, and we spent a very fun weekend. Then Kelly & Kale flew home after the weekend, and I stayed with the boys for about another week. After that week, my mom flew home with me. She stayed for a couple of days before leaving. The pictures above were from CA. The first one was at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, and the second one was in San Francisco.
Then, a few weeks later, we drove down to Utah for a friend's wedding. It was a wonderful wedding, and we were so grateful that we were able to go. Kale once again flew home after the weekend, and I stayed for about 1 1/2 weeks with the kids. While there, we were able to take the boys to the Salt Lake zoo. Brenton is finally at the age where he loved looking at the animals.
The first picture below is from the zoo train. The second picture is at Patty's house. Who says that you have to buy new toys for kids? Alex absolutely loved this toy, and it was Kale's when he was a baby! The picture with Brenton and the dog was taken at Kale's uncle's house. Brenton loved the dog, and the dog loved playing with Brenton.
After our stay, Kale's mom helped me drive back home with the boys, and then she flew home after that weekend.
While Patty (Kale's mom) was here, we went on the Hiawatha bike trail. It was beautiful! I think that was our major highlight.
This last weekend, my parents started the process of moving to Oshkosh, WI. They drove up the CA coast, and then stopped here for the weekend before proceeding to WI. While they were here, we took them on the Hiawatha bike trail, also. It was still beautiful! :) If anyone wants to come and visit us, we'll be more than happy to take you on it, also. It's 15 miles, all gentle downhill. You
http://www.skilookout.com/hiaw/index.html
There is a shuttle that you take from the bottom back to the top of the trail. Kale and our friend Danny both took the shuttle while we stayed at the bottom of the trail and played in the river waiting for them to bring our cars back down. They were wonderfully fun days. The pictures just above are from our two trips on the trail.
Anyway, we've been really busy, and now we're just trying to settle back into regular life. Work is still outrageously busy for Kale. Hopefully by the end of October things will slow down for him, and he'll have a normal 9-6 job again.
I have received a new calling in church. I'm now the new primary president. (For those of you who don't know, I'm now in charge of all the children in the church from 18 months to 11 years old.) Between that and just trying to keep the boys entertained, and trying to put in a couple of hours a week at work, I'm definitely busy.
We hope everyone is doing well. We love you all!
4 comments:
I love the pictures! It is so beautiful there!!! Hopefully we will be able to come visit you soon! And I can finally see Alex!
It's good to hear things are going well! Your boys are adorable!
If you ever come to stay with your parents in WI, you'll have to stop by and visit. It would be great to see you!
Awesome Grotee Kale! Never cut it off!
Kale, I must also admit a certain envy of such a magnificent growth...I hope that everything is going splendidly!
Post a Comment